We encourage people to try and keep busy with different activities during the ongoing coronavirus situation. We’ve put together some different activities including activity packs and quizzes to keep everyone entertained! just follow the links below to open and print:
Colouring in Packs
Quizzes and Games
Educational Games and Nature Activities:
Easy Read Coronavirus Information Packs:
UPDATE: 18th May
A COVID-19 risk assessment has been carried out by Innovations and the results of this was that it highlighted the need for additional safety measures to be put in place in relation to the following areas to reduce any risks as far as reasonably practicable to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and service users:
• Travelling on vehicles
• Exposure to Coronavirus, transmission of the virus or suspected or diagnosed Coronavirus.
• Cleaning schedules.
• Service users in crisis, displaying increased challenging behaviours at home or experiencing deterioration in mental health and quality of life
• Using lifts
• Personal Care
• Individual needs
• Hygiene Practices
• Social distancing measures
• Deployment of staff
• Travel to and from work
If you wish to view the risk assessment in full please call or email and this can be arranged.
UPDATE: 26th March
We would like to make all of our service users and their families and carers aware that during this uncertain time we are offering for our staff members to provide a delivery service to the homes of anybody who requires help and support to collect groceries or other essential items. We will be contacting people ourselves to discuss suitable arrangements for those in need of deliveries.
We will also have a telephone support service up and running soon for those who may be feeling lonely and just want a chat. In the meantime if any of our service users and their families or carers want to contact us to request our support please feel free, we will do all we can to help you.
At Innovations, the health, wellbeing and safety of our service users and staff is priority.
While we’re very much aware and understand our staff, service users, parents and carers are concerned about Covid-19, we want to reassure you that we’re monitoring the developing situation extremely closely and following all advice issued by the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England.
There have been no actual or suspected cases of the coronavirus (Covid-19) at Innovations. If this situation changes, we’ll act quickly to protect our service users and employees.
As a company we are following Public Health England guidelines to ensure that best hygiene practices are always delivered.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout out premises and are promoting regular hand washing with all staff and service users.
We ask that you take the following steps, which are consistent with government advice:
- Please follow Public Health England guidelines if you have had any symptoms such as a new, continuous cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C) or if you think you may have encountered the virus.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water or if available sanitiser.
As an organisation, we would encourage staff and service users to bring their own soap or hygiene pack with them each day.
We will keep you updated on our policies in due course.
Where Are We Based?
Innovations has eight exclusive resource units around the north east of England.
Why Choose Innovations?
- We create individual activity programmes
- We work to a person centred plan in every instance
- We support individuals who challenge services
- We respect the privacy, rights and dignity of all individuals